Faneuil Hall Market
Quincy Market, 1920. Though cars were more common by this time, horses were the
preferred conveyance of produce peddlers. Quincy is still a market of
sorts architect Benjamin Thompson, turned it into the first
Festival Marketplace (1976); the above building functions today as a vast food
Faneuil Hall, 1923, with Quincy Market beyond. The Harbor appears in the background.
Faneuil Hall Square, 1925. That is the apron canopy of Faneuil Hall at lower
left—needed because the ground floor was a functioning wholesale food market.
Both canopy and the function that required it survived until about 1975. Every
single thing in this photograph has now vanished.
Above information and photos courtesy of http://pub42.ezboard.com/fcafeurbanitefrm1.showMessage?topicID=1970.topic